Kääretorttu (Swiss Roll) is a very typical dessert for any type of celebration in Finland. It’s easy, quick and cheap to make and it’s super delicious. It is one of our favourite desserts because it only gets better the longer you leave it in the fridge, so you don’t have to worry about eating it all right away! (Version en español disponible.)
For the dough
- 4 eggs
- 130 g sugar
- 70 g wheat flour
- 4 g baking powder
- 45 g chocolate powder
For the filling
- 100 ml cream (35% fat)
- 50 g yogurt
- 100 g cream cheese
- 200 g peaches (fresh are better canned ones are really good as well)
- 35 g sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Grated dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven by setting the temperature between 200 – 220 degrees celsius.
2. Mix the wheat flour, chocolate powder and baking powder together with a spoon.
3. Whisk eggs and sugar into a fluffy froth. You can tell your mix is done when you can ”draw” an eight on it.
4. Strain the mixture from step 2 into the mixture from step 3, stir it gently with a spatula. Cover an oven tray with baking paper and spread your final mixture onto it. Let it bake in the middle rack of the oven for 7-8 minutes.
5. Sprinkle some sugar on another sheet of baking paper, take the cake out of the oven and flip it on top of the sugar-covered baking paper sheet. Remove the baking paper from the cake.
6. In order to put together your filling, first you need to make some whipped cream with your hand mixer. Put the 100ml of cream in a metal bowl, make sure everything is completely clean and dry, and whip it for around 1.5 minutes, right afterwards mix in the yogurt, cream cheese, peach slices and sugar and mix it for 30 seconds more. Apply the mixture on top of the baked cake and roll it.
7. Leave the roll in the fridge to rest overnight (if possible). The longer it is in the fridge the more flavour it will have.
8. Decorate the roll with powdered sugar, grated dark chocolate and pomegranate.
It’s ready! We hope you enjoy our version of Kääretorttu.
Giveaway winner / Ganador del sorteo:
Chosen with / Seleccionado con: Comment Picker
Contacta a firstname.lastname@example.org.