Kinkkupiirakka is traditional finnish dish that you can serve in any occasion. Typically it’s served in parties but since it’s so easy to make, we enjoy making it during the week and eat it with a fresh salad. Most recipes you find online add normal milk in the mixture but in this recipe we are using oat milk because we think that the flavour is considerably better. (Version en español disponible.)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
For the base
- 150g butter
- 360g flour
- 150ml water
- 1 tsp. salt
For the filling
- 100 g creme fraiche
- 1 egg
- 200 ml oat milk
- 200g leek
- 250g ham
- 150g edam or gouda cheese
- Salt and Pepper
1. To prepare the base. Mix together butter, flour, salt and water and knead until well incorporated.
2. Leave the dough resting in the fridge for 5 minutes.
3. Spread some butter carefully on your baking dish and then proceed to extend your dough on it.
4. Poke the dough with a fork and put it in the oven on the bottom tray for 8 minutes.
5. For the filling. Cut the leek and ham into cubes and lightly fry them on a pan with some butter or oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
6. Mix together the egg, crème fraiche and oat milk.
7. Pour the vegetable-ham mixture onto the base, put the cheese on the mixture and finally pour the cream mixture on top. Season with some salt and pepper.
8. Bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes on the middle tray.
Add some rucula on top and that’s all! We hope you enjoy this delicious ham pie recipe!
Giveaway winner / Ganador del sorteo:
Chosen with / Seleccionado con: Comment Picker
Contacta a firstname.lastname@example.org.